1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006.
2. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgment of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint about the business. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint and will have authority to settle the complaint.
3. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either:
a) a final response adequately addressing the complaint; or
b) a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
4. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
a) a final response (which must inform the complainant that they can complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service, the time frame for doing so and full contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service )
b) a response which:
i) explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and
ii) informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of Our final response letter, by email ( https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ ) by telephone ( 0800 023 4567) or by post ( Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR )
5. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress that you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress but could involve an apology or another suitable form of redress.
If you wish to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, this must be done within six months of our final response to your complaint. If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman their contact details are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 8am to 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Sunday & bank holidays: closed .
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines. Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.
For minicom call 0300 555 1777